Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baler, Aurora Friday, August 06, 2010 8:22 PM




I was in Baler, Aurora from August 2 to 5. We were there to attend/organize/facilitate a psychosocial response to disaster as part of the extension arm of our department. Our station, however, is the secretariat, so we facilitated the registration and documentation. I got my Canon A490 (thanks ma'am Liezl) for that purpose.

The participants were mainly government employees and NGOs who are concern with disaster response like DSWD, PDCC, MDCC, PNP, and others. The workshop is fun and informative. The speaker and trainer somehow brought the light in the participants to organize a psychosocial response team that will coordinate and move when disaster strikes. I met different people with first hand experience in disaster and you will see that they have a different light in their eyes, something that you don’t see everyday.

Another thing about this trip is the place. It is very peaceful; one place you should really go to when you want to relax and unwind. Geographically speaking, one would be afraid to live there once you realize how susceptible to different kinds of natural disaster Aurora is but the beauty of the place seemed to compensate it.

As estimated, it is 252 km from Manila and a 3-hour drive from San Jose. I believe I can ride Ganda to Baler but I have to make some adjustments. First, the tires. It should be suitable for rough roads. Disk breaks should also be installed. I doubt that a 100cc can make it but as we travel, I saw a man riding his Bajaj through the rough terrain so I figured out, maybe a Wave 100 can. But maybe for safety, I outta bring a 125 with disc breaks. PLUS, no riding alone…n_n (for the mean time)

I believe I will be back there. I will visit Baler once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment