Monday, July 12, 2010

The thing about falling in-love

Just a while ago, I had my stroll just to unwind and let go of stress. On my way, I saw two young lovers about to walk pass me beside VetMed. They were holding hands, and really, I saw the boy kissed the girl (yes, while walking). Perhaps my footsteps and silhouette has been noticed so they slightly parted and started talking about Math 105 ("oh, ilang beses kang nag-repeat ka Math 105?" "once lang, 2.5" then chuckles from the girl). I'm not sure if that;s the exact transcription but I think the guy has been my student, not sure though. As they pass, I was thinking of a joke that I will say "oy, nakita ko yun" or something like that but, hell, they are kids filled with love(?).

Then, as I pass the University Bleacher (well-known as a dating place in the campus), lovers of different positions (?)form strange shadows (2-4 couples) as they hold each other. Honestly, chills went to my spine as I reminisce the "old days". Then something strange happened: I smiled. ( I thought I would be jealous "been there done that".:)

They say that falling in-love brings back the teen-ager in you. I don't know, but the memory of me being so in-love was a distant one. I trust, however, that as distant the memory has been, there is a future for me out there. It can be unfair to attribute the feeling of being in-love to adolescents only but maybe there is another collection of feelings out there to describe a lasting love...

No comments:

Post a Comment